Language South Presents: El Pueblo Spanish Camp 2018
una comunidad — una aventura — un campamento de verano
a community — an adventure — a summer camp
Welcome to El Pueblo!
In the summer of 2018, kids and teens entering grades 5-10 are invited to join us for a week-long Spanish language adventure in a fun overnight-camp setting.
We’ll challenge, support, and inspire one another as we grow in our Spanish-speaking abilities and explore the language and cultures of the Spanish-speaking world.
Everyone can learn Spanish at Spanish camp.
Our Language South team meets the needs of every learner in our camp community. We challenge and support campers of all proficiency levels, from the very first time they say hola to the day they take the AP Spanish exam.
On a typical day in El Pueblo, we…
- Eat delicious food in the comedor (dining hall).
- Enjoy the company of counselors and fellow campers.
- Sing, scream, and chant camp songs and cheers.
- Participate in a variety of fun language activities, arts & crafts, sports and more!
- Relax, write a letter, or read during a siesta (rest period) after lunch each day.
- Spend some free time hanging out with our new friends.
- Enjoy a theatrical production performed with our counselors.
- Participate in an exciting evening program with the whole camp.
- Have an evening chat with our casa (cabin) to reflect on our day.
- Get a good night’s sleep, so we are ready for another full day at El Pueblo!
When is our camp taking place?
Campers arrive on Sunday, June 10th and go home Saturday, June 16th
Where is our camp taking place?
What is the cost of camp?
We want you to be part of our camp community!
The tuition for El Pueblo Spanish Camp is $995 per camper. This includes all food, lodging, and activities from Sunday afternoon to Saturday morning.
If your family is unable to pay the full price of camp, please apply for tuition assistance. Tuition assistance will be offered on a sliding scale, and on a first come, first served basis.
For more information on camp tuition and tuition assistance, please see the Language South Tuition and Scholarship Information document linked here.
Who We are:
Emily and Teo Valdés
We are certified and experienced Spanish teachers with a passion for travel, experiential learning, and cultural exchange. With nearly 15 years of combined experience in summer youth programs, we know that camp is a powerful place for learning and we can’t wait to see our campers learn and grow this summer at El Pueblo.