Post-Camp Update 2019
Teo here, and I hope your summer is going well!
It’s been about three months since our last update and a lot has happened since then. In short, we did Spanish camp and it was awesome! You can hear me share a little about it in the two minute video below (or scroll down to read a quick summary).
So here’s my quick update:
- Most of our staff training took place at Camp Adahi in Georgia this year, thanks to the amazing hospitality of the C5 Georgia Youth Foundation.
- We headed to Booker T. Washington State Park to finish training and start our summer programs!
- The Chattery helped us facilitate our first paid Spanish immersion event for adults and we got a lot of positive feedback about that. We are working on more programing ideas for adults in the coming year.
- Then we launched our first mini camp for kids and teens in Kindergarten through 5th grade. The three-night duration was perfect for campers trying out sleep-away camp for the first time.
- Afterward in our main camp, we served kids and teens leaving 3rd through 10th grade, and it was another great session. We especially enjoyed reconnecting with so many of our 2018 campers that returned for another summer. So much awesome Spanish learning!
- We’ve already had participants from all of these programs asking us how to sign up for more. We appreciate all the encouragement and support!
Lastly, I just want to say thanks to the J. A. Henry Community YMCA. They increased their financial contribution to our scholarship fund this year, allowing us to offer camp to even more campers that wouldn’t be able to attend at the full tuition rate. Keep an eye out for a blog about other the J. A. Henry YMCA in the near future.
Enjoy the rest of your summer!
P. S. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram to see lots of photos and other updates from our team!